HomeHome  SearchSearch  Rules & Guidelines  Staff List  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Announcements

September 13th, 2017: Adding tutorials for the badging community! We're looking for volunteers to feature and help us write guides - PM Panton to get started with our project!

July 3rd, 2017: Canvas Tutorials is currently undergoing a major revamp. Please excuse any hiccups or glitches.

Coming soon

About Us

Canvas creates and supports an IMVU education environment. We offer tutorials and assistance from some of the community's most active and knowledgeable. Tutorials by users, for users!

Staff
Staff Updates
Important Links
Statistics
We have 1428 registered users
The newest registered user is zZbannyezZ

Our users have posted a total of 2569 messages in 157 subjects
Canvas Time

GASR • Ask For Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Pantone

Pantone
Role : Designer & Coder
http://pantonedoesgraphics.tumblr.com/

GASR • Ask For Help Empty
PostSubject: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 11:42 am

GASR • Ask For Help FYFP7rG
GASR REALM
Ask For Help

You got issues, we have fixes!
Post here, tag a mentor and let's get this problem solved!

Here's Some Past Questions:

N/A

Back to top Go down
Pantone

Pantone

PostSubject: Re: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 11:45 am

AVATAR ART QUESTION @Sorci / @Kenopsia

So, starting to make avatar art (mostly for display pictures) - should I work on a HUGE scale (meaning like 1000x1000) or could a smaller screenshot benefit me more as I am learning? I will be using Photoshop CC.

PIXEL ART QUESTION @Kneeling

How do you start a custom project - say it's someones dog they'd like to make into a pixel badge. Do you print it out / measure it all out - then start with pixels OR is there a different way? I have tried to pixel a little bit, but I have the idea.. I have the colors.. I have no idea how to start the shape.
Back to top Go down
Pantone

Pantone

PostSubject: Re: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 5:40 pm

@Kneeling

Additional Pixel Art Question:
How does the community feel about using Perler Bead layouts to make and sell badge work?

Is this a good springboard or nah?
I feel like it dances with the anti-original art vibe, however, it teaches you to think with a grid.
Back to top Go down
Kneeling

Kneeling
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=87332453

PostSubject: Re: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 am

so sorry. Went on vacation. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
First question

It's up to the artist. Some artists sketch out what they are going to draw, maybe on paper, or in their program, then shrink it & retrace their lines in a more finished way, or they do it like me, and just go from imagination / look at references.  If it's a dog, I'll go look at actual images of live dogs until I see a pose I like, if they didn't already give me a reference of the pose they want.  Then I'll open the reference next to my canvas for the custom, and I'll look at the reference ONLY as I draw. I almost NEVER look at what I'm drawing. Every since my first art project in school where we had to stare at a map and were not allowed to look at the paper while we drew it, I've always drawn that way. Though I'd like to note I always use the pixel or binary brush.  If the lines are sloppy, I zoom in and clean up the lines that shouldn't be there. I could make a video tutorial if this doesn't satisfy.

Second Question

Perler Bead layouts is a controversial subject. Many will see this as tracing, copying, etc, and other will say that it's fine.  I DO think it's okay to study them, as in look at them to get the idea of working like a grid like you said, however using those in premades you will be selling or customs, is not a good idea. I do think it is a fine practice tool.
Back to top Go down
Pantone

Pantone

PostSubject: Re: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 am

Thanks for the info!. Smile Might experiment with Perler beads. @_@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GASR • Ask For Help GASR • Ask For Help Empty

Back to top Go down

GASR • Ask For Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1